It’s a neat way to engage instantly with customers, media and other folks in short conversational messages.
One way to connect with people on Twitter is to find and participate in Twitter chats.
Social Media Examiner shares “8 Ways Twitter Chats Can Benefit Your Business.”
- Give a face to your business. By taking part in a Twitter chat as your business, you are adding a human side to your brand. Also adding a picture of your employees to your business Twitter profile helps humanize your brand.
- Prepare a cheat sheet. Research the most relevant Twitter chats for your brand and connect with the chat organizers and community. Search the chat hashtag for past chats and what they are talking about currently. If they give a topic for the upcoming Twitter chat, think of some responses that are short, sweet and to the point. Remember, brevity is key on Twitter.
- Promote the chat. Be an active participant and show support for the chat. Show that you want to share and be helpful in getting the word out about the chat for others.
- Participate to stand out. With answers that you have prepared, being an active participant will help your business stand out and give you time to share other people’s tweets in the chat as well. Use a tool to watch the chat like TweetChat so you can keep up with the conversation by hashtag.
- Encourage employees to join the chat. If the topic is relevant, encourage some of your staff members to participate. They can add lots of input as industry experts and meet some interesting folks and peers in the industry.
- Build relationships outside of the chat. Follow some of the people that were in the chat and share their valuable tweets to others. This is a great way to network and meet people in your industry with new insights and ideas. Think of it as online networking.
- Become a sponsor. Build brand awareness and sponsor the chat as well as take part in it. Brands that participate have the best success with sponsorships.
- Host a chat. Once you get the hang of things, offer to host a chat on a topic that you are familiar with. Being helpful and exchanging ideas is a great way to get involved.
The purpose of Twitter is to build community and exchange ideas. Once you get going, you will find that it’s a wonderful network and a great way to meet people from all around the world.